Friday, June 28, 2013

Never left nor forsaken

God, thank You for holding me
In Your arms, like Amy holds Oliver
Thank You, because You will never leave us
Nor forsake us.
Thank You because walk through us
Literally, by pumping blood to our muscles and giving them strength
And spiritually, by transforming our hearts and minds.
That You walk with us, side by side
Through our fears and aches
Through our joys and excitements
At the end of the day, who can I turn to?
The One that will not leave me nor forsake me.
I thank You that You cry our tears
And You’re in our corner,
and You got our back
I thank You that You comfort us
“Come, be my child,”  You say
And I surrender to Your loving arms
I want to be in Your presense, Your beloved
Always and forever.
“Will you trust me?” You ask
I come running back
Perfect love drives out fear, if we receive it
Let me be Your blessed one, here, and there, and everywhere
One year ago, I asked “what does it mean to love God?”
Now, I write Him praises
I understand, He will never leave me
Neither in life nor in death
“We are the lucky ones,” Lecrae says
“And you give us second chances, when we throw our hands up”.
We are the blessed ones
The ones He wants to hold in His arms, whom He will never forsake.
Thank You, God, that You don’t forget us,
Never reject us,
Never neglect us.
Thank You for giving me Your shoulder to rest my head on
And snuggle up against.
Thank You for the warmth You’ve placed in my heart
And that You never gave up on me.
As I grow older, I realize it more and more
I am Your child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment